Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The One That's Not The Theme Anymore

The Theme to Average Joe's Great Escape by Andy16

Eventually the discussion came up that if we (the guys that are now the Faux Reel guys) ever wanted to sell our stuff, I couldn't use samples, due to copyright reasons. This meant that I had to come up with the whole song all by myself. At the time, that was kind of scary. All of my original songs before that either took me months to come up with or had an attention span of around 1:40. We were talking about making a movie. That's an HOUR of music that I would have to come up with. A.K.A. scary.

So I just copied notes. This song features a melody that is cut and pasted together from all the themes of the movies that OUR movie was referencing. If you don't see it, just go back and listen to the Terminator theme. I copied it note for note.

I remember loving the way that this one sounded. Now it's nothing compared to the stuff that replaced it. If you watch the Average Joe movie, you can see how it found it's way in, but it's not the song it used to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment