Sunday, August 28, 2011

The Discovery

The Discovery by Andy16

A theme I worked out on the piano at my parents house, this would come to define the hero's journey in the Average Joe movie. By the time I made this track, we had been working on the movie for too long and I was tired of using the same theme over and over. I had decided to write my own theme, and not copy off of anybody. The whole thing is pretty simple, three sets of three repeated chords to keep up interest (your brain probably expects the motif to be four measures long, so it doesn't quite feel right until the fourth set, which is in the middle of the next overall nine measure theme, so you never quite feel like you heard the same thing twice) and written in 4/4 (so it's easy to follow the beat).

All of the chords in this song are in a major key, but the roots of the chords form a minor chord, allowing me to start the song with a slow "moody" sound and end with a fast triumphant sound without changing the tempo. Right about 48 seconds into the track you will know what I mean by that.

This track was written in FL Studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment