Tuesday, August 9, 2011

3XOSC

3XOSC by Andy16

I forget what the main inspiration for this song was, but I think the references are obvious. It uses instruments that sound like they are from a classic video game, which are always important to me. The writing sounds like it could be from Animusic. The beat in the middle could be from an early Fatboy Slim song (just not as "big").

The point was to use FL Studio to make a completely original song with the in-program instruments, in other words, no samples from my awesome song library. I think I did a pretty good job, but that "no samples" thing means the drums don't have much energy.

It is called "3XOSC" because one of the instruments has 3 oscillators, and is named as such in FL Studio.

Speaking of FL Studio instruments, the one that plays really long, high-pitched notes is my favorite. It's under the "Sytrus" section and it's called "Distant". I use it in a lot of my songs. Also, it's one of the most fun instruments to play live while Casey and I are DJ-ing.

No comments:

Post a Comment